Playpen Preschool

Playpen Preschool
Open Your Preschool

Sunday 1 January 2012

How we can Help Children Learn and Develop

Hi Friends!

Teaching has been my passion for the past 25 years and it's been a privilege to be able to guide and shape the personalities of the tens of thousands of children I have taught. This is a great platform to share ideas and experiences, and I would like to share what I have learnt in my years of handling children - from the little pre-schoolers to adolescents. My experience and years of research has help me shape a curriculum for children of my preschool  - a curriculum that will not just help them learn the basics of literacy, but also challenge their minds and make them think in a creative manner.

My basic premise for structuring the curriculum is the fact that children start learning even before they are born and continue to learn even as they grow into adolescents and beyond. The other fact is that the first few years of a child's life are crucial to learning - in fact as much as 40-50% of a child's intellectual growth happens by age 4. That's quite an overwhelming fact, isn't it? Research also indicates that the more stimulation a child receives in this stage of growth, the better his or her intellectual development and ability to learn further is - the best part......if we are able to provide a stimulating environment, the economical or social background of the child doesn't matter - he or she will learn despite that!

Preschool teachers, young moms and child caretakers......watch this space for more!

Best Wishes,

the Playpen Team